Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What does this dream mean?


HELPLESS.
So, last night I had the strangest dream and being my curious self, I set as it as my mission today to unravel. Oddly enough, my dream started with the thundering sound of a helicopter *it wasn’t looking good* and suddenly like a Hollywood movie, it zoomed in onto me. There I was, strapped in wearing a parachute and no one driving the helicopter. Adrenaline is pumping furiously in my veins and suddenly I thrust myself into nothingness. Everything turns to grey as I plunge to my death when suddenly an enormous Jurassic sized bird swoops down and grabs me between its colossal beak. Like nothing had happened, I open my eyes and strangely enough I am in a maze. Yes, just like Harry Potter and I am running and running and running until I can’t run anymore and the ground suddenly opens. I cling furiously to the edge until I see the giant bird commencing its descent and so I let go. Boom! I wake up. So I sped to the library this morning and tried to decipher the meaning behind my absurd dream. I suddenly felt like Alice. The helicopter is supposed to represent success and ambition. The falling part of my adventure indicates a loss of some sort or a lack of control. The giant bird also known as a bird of prey can indicate a decline in physical health. The maze represents uncertainty, confusion and lack of direction in life. So ultimately it comes down to this: I am falling because I lack control and fail to reach my goals, then the bird means that I am declining in physical health *better get back to the gym* and finally that I need more direction. I sound like one confused person but I’ll be successful. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment